Wednesday, June 3, 2009

A Big WCRB Welcome to Harry Christophers !

Just got my new issue of Early Music America magazine and while I was burying my head in the interviews and ads, I enjoyed reading that the Handel & Haydn Society Orchestra and Chorus are welcoming Harry Christophers as their new Artistic Director, beginning in October of this year. After reading the article he certainly has a vision for the orchestra. In reference to the pieces (they have played or will play) he says “ We have so much great music to work with. We want to strip the cobwebs off these great pieces and bring them to life. I want them to sound new to people who know the repertory and sound interesting to people who are coming to see a Baroque Orchestra for the first time”. Here at WCRB we’ll keep our eyes (and ears) out for any new recordings, that I’m sure will sound just as exciting as his quote.

“Oh… and on another note”…Tafelmusik, an ensemble we play here on WCRB, just recently had an asteroid named after them…”yup”…an asteroid. It seems that Tafelmusik commemorated the Year of Astronomy, with the premiere of its critically acclaimed concert program, Galileo Project: Music of the Spheres”. I DO hope ALL future appearances though, are by the ensemble ONLY. :)


Till next time, stay listening:

MC

No comments:

Post a Comment